5.3.12

Baby Shower


This Baby Shower cake was to coincide with the theme of having enough babies to make up a football team. I had intended to play along with a football theme but it was looking too much a bloke's birthday cake. It was after all, a baby shower for the mum-to-be and the tease was on mum (who's expecting her no.2 soon) to go forth and multiply! So, instead of a football I thought I'd do a bub's tushie. You know how babies sleep on their chest with their tush up? That's what I was aiming for.


It didn't turn out too bad, didn't it? I particularly love the feet...chubby enough to want to gnaw on it ;-) This Lemon Poppyseed Cake wasn't too big but the sugarpaste legs added some extra weight and it finished weighing 1.8kg. And no, I didn't forget the "2 down 9 to go" (11 in a team) theme. Made 9 baby faces and put them around the sides of the cake with the "next baby" in 2013 all the way to the last boy in 2021!! A baby a year??? I don't envy mum Julie.

No comments:

Post a Comment