19.5.12

Girl's Best Friends


What a joy this cake was to bake and design! It was for a 20-year old birthday and while all that was required on that cake was conveyed via email, I pretty much had an idea what I wanted to do for her. Instead of making  each of the favourite things and plonking them on a pink-covered cake, I decided to have a shoe box. And it wasn't any shoe box, a pink Christian Louboutin shoe box (her favourite colour's pink). My hand was shaking as I drew the logo freehand onto the cake! But it all went really well and I'm very pleased with the results. Had birthday girl dressed in a Carrie-like dress with a large flower over her right shoulder with her beloved marmalade-shade cat. The birthday girl was also well-heeled in my favourite Carnaval Louboutins. For her handbag, I chose a Chanel satchel from its 2012 collection. And finally, a string of pearls to finish this Lemon Poppyseed Cake (1.5kg).



2 comments: