12.8.11

Peter Rabbit

9-year old Divya Faith loves Peter Rabbit. Truth be told, I've almost forgotten of the existence of Beatrix Potter's classic The Tale of Peter Rabbit until now. The past two days saw me reminiscing over other, also popular stories, written and illustrated by Miss Potter like Jemima Puddle-duck, Benjamin Bunny, Tom Kitten and Miss Moppet. I vaguely remember the story of three girl rabbits - Mopsy, Flopsy, Cottontail and their brother Peter. And that Peter was a very mischievous rabbit who's always in trouble with Mr McGregor (whose garden he'd "thieve" from). For the cake, I wanted to reflect the little scenes of which Peter was involved in like sneaking into Mr McGregor's garden to eat vegetables till he was sick in the stomach, chased into hiding in the watering can after loosing his jacket and Peter's blue jacket hung up for a scarecrow.
You'll notice that I've made two extra characters that aren't directly involved in The Tale of Peter Rabbit - Benjamin Bunny, Peter's cousin in the brown jacket and Jemima Puddle-duck. I added them because I believe that they all crossed paths when they were living in Hill Top Farm. And that Divya will explore the other beautiful tales written by Miss Potter if she hasn't already!

Jemima Puddle-duck

No comments:

Post a Comment